Clouded Horizons:Tetsuya Kurabasa
|Tetsuya Hiroji Kurabasa|
The Shadow Slayer, Nightfire
Tetsuya in his normal attire.
|DOB:||August 14, 2134|
|Garden Attended:||Trabia Garden|
|SeeD ID Number:||52471|
|Merit Awards:||Promotion to Ensign|
Promotion to Lieutenant
|Birth Realm:||Eighth Realm|
Tetsuya Kurabasa is a SeeD Lieutenant at Trabia Garden, a minor character in the Clouded Horizons series.
Tetsuya was born in the small village of Arias, on the northeastern edge of the Estharian continent, to Akira and Sakura Kurabasa. He was the first of two children, six years older than his younger sister Yuki. From a young age, Tetsuya was shown to be curious, often too curious for his own good, as well as strongly independent. When he was eleven, in April 2146, his parents took him and five year-old Yuki to the Esthar Center for Orphans, where they were left in the hopes that they would grow up to have a brighter future than their parents. Their mother also entrusted them with two family heirlooms - the Jewel of Alteration for Tetsuya, and the Jewel of Creation for Yuki. Two months later, in June, James Alnon approached the two and adopted both of the siblings, giving them a home with him in Esthar.
After Alnon adopted Tetsuya and his sister, his life changed dramatically. Instead of the rural village life of Arias, now he had to adjust to the big-business and upper-class atmosphere of Esthar, the most technologically advanced nation in the world. For the next few years, he would spend most of his time in the Executive Outcomes main office, a company that Alnon founded when he was 31. He not only learned his fair share of business policies, sales techniques, and other business-related skills, he also learned combat techniques from his adopted father, who had spent nearly all of his teenage and early adult life in the Estharian business and military districts. Eventually, he would adopt the nickname "Nightfire," serving as a sort of representation of his style of fighting. He would also later train his sister in the same style of combat, who would give it her own special twists.
Several years later, in July 2151, Nightfire and Yuki would leave Executive Outcomes and Esthar behind, setting off to explore the region of Esthar. They would eventually wind up in the region of Trabia where they encountered Naoki Ishida, a young teen from the village of Areyn, accompanied by his friend Sumiko Remiere, also from Areyn. The two soon became friends with Naoki and Sumiko, traveling together for around a week before separating, Naoki and Sumiko heading farther into the Trabian region while Nightfire and Yuki headed back into Esthar's territory. In February 2152, the two siblings would make the decision to head to the newly-rebuilt Trabia Garden in the hopes of becoming a SeeD.
- "I guess they’re just letting any old geezers walk into this squad, huh?"
- ―Tetsuya to Locke Cole
- "You're too smug about all this, you know? You didn't feel like you could trust me with this at all?"
"It wasn't that I didn't feel like you could be trusted, but simply that I had other obligations to deal with. Telling you about my secret double life as a Planeswalker didn't rank too highly among them."
"You sound like a character out of a bad spy novel."
- ―Tetsuya and Andrea Beoulve conversing about Andréa's Planeswalker status
Tetsuya is known for being optimistic about most things, rarely allowing himself to slip into a state of depression. He enjoys nothing more than training his skills, finding combat as an escape from reality and a way to vent his frustrations. When in battle, Tetsuya is a very cocky individual, a fact that is often used against him. Becoming a SeeD at Trabia Garden has helped to tone down that facet of his persona, but it still exists in a different form - now, he uses it as a way to attempt and goad his enemies into making a fatal mistake. He may also seem to have a more involved romantic personality than first thought, due to his relationship with Hikari Tanaka.
Tetsuya's skills reflect one thing - strength. From powerful physical strikes to magically-enchanted blows, Tetsuya aims to cripple his opponents as effectively and as quickly as possible. Using his relatively good speed to his advantage, he cuts through anything that stands in his way with ferocity.
- Expert Swordsmanship Specialist: Tetsuya, as a Twin Blade, is adeptly skilled with light blades of all types, especially when dual-wielded. For his rank in SeeD, he is greatly skilled, on par with others such as Andréa Beoulve.
- Expert Gunblade Specialist: Tetsuya is also a gunblade specialist, giving him a measure of skill in heavy blades as well as light. He possesses a similar level of skill with a gunblade that he has with his twin katanas.
- Skilled Hand-to-Hand Combatant: Tetsuya, as a member of SeeD, has basic training in hand-to-hand skills, which is enhanced further by his junctions.
- Enhanced Strength: Tetsuya's build allows him a high degree of physical strength, made greater by his junctions as a SeeD.
- Enhanced Agility: Tetsuya possesses high levels of speed and agility, enough so to give him an edge in battle against most opponents.
- Average Spiritual Energy: Tetsuya has a somewhat above-average level of spiritual energy, but is incapable of creating reiatsu due to lack of knowledge. Despite this, he is capable of staying in a battle for long periods of time due to his SeeD training and junctions.
- Skilled Magic User: Tetsuya possesses average skill in most forms of magic, with the notable exception of Lightning-element magic, which is greatly enhanced by his natural abilities. He prefers to use destructive magic in battle as opposed to status-inflicting spells or enhancing magic.
- Hume (160)
- Twin Blade (120)
- Secondary Classes
- Warrior (100), Marksman (20), Ranger (20)
- Tertiary Classes
Status Effect Resistances
As a member of the Kurabasa family, Tetsuya has an affinity to one of the ten elements of nature. Tetsuya's affinity is to the Lightning element, letting him manipulate and enhance the energy within these attacks with greater ease than a normal person would be able to accomplish.
Overdrives / Limit Breaks
|1st Realm - 2nd Realm - 3rd Realm - 4th Realm - 5th Realm - 6th Realm - 7th Realm - 8th Realm - 9th Realm - 10th Realm|
|Final Fantasy X: Destiny's Call - Final Fantasy X-2: Eternal Requiem - Final Fantasy VIII: Dimensional Legend - Final Fantasy IX: Runic Legacy - Clouded Horizons: Halcyon - A Question of Honor - Affinity - Breakfast at Powell's - Casualties - Duty - Family Rites - Foreshadow of Memory - Guardian - The Heiress - Judgment - Memoirs - Nature - Negotiations - Of Thieves and Emissaries - Origins - Ought - Sanctuary - Shades - Subtleties of Honor - Trial by Fire|
|The Balance - Crystal Path - Diviner - Planeswalker|
|Character Themes - Jazz Café - Lore - Soundtracks - Tropes|
|Project Creators / Administrators|
|Darius DeValle - Benji Powell - Daniel Rydell|