Clouded Horizons:Saori Oshima
|Saori Ryoko Oshima|
Fifth Division Captain
Saori inside the 5th Division barracks.
|DOB:||November 3, 1133|
|Theme:||"Keeping the Peace" from |
Dissidia: Final Fantasy
|Birth Realm:||Eighth Realm|
Captain, 5th Division
Order of Grim Angels
Saori Oshima is the current Captain of the Order of Grim Angels' 5th Division in the Clouded Horizons series.
Saori possesses a very quiet and shy personality, often only speaking when spoken to unless the situation is important. Despite her shyness, she holds a strong sense of duty, and follows her orders from the Lord Sovereign without question. She hates combat, and seeks to find another method of resolving situations whenever possible, even against Daiesthai.
Saori dislikes combat, and as such attempts to quickly end it if forced into combat. She has a high degree of skill with Binding Arts as well as debilitating techniques, and prefers to use magic as opposed to her Diviner in order to paralyze or otherwise restrain her enemies. While seeming somewhat afraid of combat, if pushed into it or ordered to fight, she is a combatant deserving of her rank as Captain.
- Expert Swordsmanship Specialist: While she fights only rarely, Saori is still incredibly skilled in the use of blades, capable of fighting on par with any of the other Captains of the Order. She is also a skilled instructor, sometimes training younger members of the Order in basic swordsmanship techniques.
- Expert Polearm Specialist: Due to the form of her Diviner's Shikai, Saori is an expert with polearm-type weapons as well, such as naginatas and scythes.
- Skilled Hand-to-Hand Combatant: Saori strongly dislikes hand-to-hand combat, and knows little beyond the basics taught to every student of the Order.
- Enhanced Strength: Saori has a level of enhanced strength due to her training and skill with reiatsu, but is still physically the weakest of the six Captains of the Order.
- Exceptional Agility: Saori's skill with Shunpo is remarkable, despite her lack of stamina compared with some of the other Captains. She is extremely proficient at using as little energy as possible to achieve the desired movement, and puts this to good use both in and out of combat.
- Immense Spiritual Energy: As a Captain, Saori possesses a formidable amount of spiritual energy, capable of weakening and even paralyzing other entities just by releasing her reiatsu in their presence.
- Expert Magic User: Much like the use of Shunpo, Saori is extremely talented in the use of magic and kidou spells, particularly Binding Arts. She is capable of using Binding Arts of up to 81st level with ease and without incantation, and often teaches the nuances of magic to younger students within the Order.
- Quincy (200)
- Balancer (120)
- Secondary Classes
- Flik Reaper (80), Black Mage (50), Red Mage (50)
- Tertiary Classes:
Status Effect Resistances
Saori possesses a number of specialized abilities owing to her former status as a Malakh. Among these are Shunpo, or "flash steps," a rapid-movement ability used predominantly by Malakh, as well as special spells, Binding Arts and Destructive Arts, which can be used with or without an incantation. Using them with the incantation takes longer, but increases the power or effectiveness of the spell.
Saori, like all those within the Order of Grim Angels, possesses a Diviner created from a fragment of her soul. It takes the form of a wakizashi with a circular, bronze-colored guard and purple hilt. Her Diviner is called Shijima (Serenity), and Saori is capable of manifesting her Diviner in both a Shikai and Bankai form.
- Shikai: Shijima becomes a long polearm with a curved white blade split down the center, the 'front' of which is longer than the 'back.' It is activated by the command "embrace" (fukunde).
- Shikai Special Ability: Shijima possesses the capability to drain away an opponent's Mana with each strike, replenishing Saori's own reserves. Shijima's Shikai also enables the use of an additional technique.
- Shinshoku Firudo (Erosion Field): Shijima emits a field around Saori centered on her location, the area of which is determined by the amount of reishi used to create it, which weakens any form of magical attack used within it except for those used by Saori. The field is ineffective against physical attacks. A stronger version of this skill may be used in Bankai.
- Bankai: Named Funsai Shijima (Shattering Serenity). Shijima's Bankai resembles its Shikai superficially, but appears to be made of a clear, crystalline material instead of metal. It features the same blade as its Shikai on either end, as well as a curved piece of crystalline material that covers the center of the polearm for approximately one foot to protect the wielder's hands. The material, while clear and fragile-looking, retains a similar strength to steel.
- Bankai Special Ability: Shijima's Bankai has the ability to burn away an opponent's Mana with each strike, gradually weakening them with every blow landed. Shijima's Bankai also strengthens its Shinshoku Firudo ability, enabling it not just to weaken magical attacks, but to actively dissolve them within its area of effect. The speed of the spell's movement affects how much it dissolves; faster spells may only be weakened rather than dissolving due to less time within the area.
|1st Realm - 2nd Realm - 3rd Realm - 4th Realm - 5th Realm - 6th Realm - 7th Realm - 8th Realm - 9th Realm - 10th Realm|
|Final Fantasy X: Destiny's Call - Final Fantasy X-2: Eternal Requiem - Final Fantasy VIII: Dimensional Legend - Final Fantasy IX: Runic Legacy - Clouded Horizons: Halcyon - A Question of Honor - Affinity - Breakfast at Powell's - Casualties - Duty - Family Rites - Foreshadow of Memory - Guardian - The Heiress - Judgment - Memoirs - Nature - Negotiations - Of Thieves and Emissaries - Origins - Ought - Sanctuary - Shades - Subtleties of Honor - Trial by Fire|
|The Balance - Crystal Path - Diviner - Planeswalker|
|Character Themes - Jazz Café - Lore - Soundtracks - Tropes|
|Project Creators / Administrators|
|Darius DeValle - Benji Powell - Daniel Rydell|