Clouded Horizons:Yuki Kurabasa
|Yukina Katsumi Kurabasa|
Maiden of Ice
Yuki in her normal attire.
|DOB:||February 27, 2139|
|Theme:||Blue Skies Over Guardia|
|Garden Attended:||Trabia Garden|
|SeeD ID Number:||52473|
|Merit Awards:||Promotion to Ensign, Alchemy|
Promotion to Lieutenant, Alchemy
|Championed By:||Katanas DeValle|
|Birth Realm:||Eighth Realm|
Yuki Kurabasa is a SeeD Lieutenant at Trabia Garden, a minor protagonist in the Clouded Horizons series.
Yuki was born in the small village of Arias, on the northeastern edge of the Estharian continent, to Akira and Sakura Kurabasa. She was the second of two children, six years younger than her older brother Tetsuya. Yuki was only six years old when she was taken to the Esthar Center for Orphans along with her brother. Yuki didn't know it at the time, but their mother also entrusted them with two family heirlooms - the Jewel of Alteration for Tetsuya, and the Jewel of Creation for Yuki. Two months later, in June, James Alnon approached the two and adopted both of the siblings, giving them a home with him in Esthar.
Yuki was taken care of by both Alnon and Tetsuya until she reached the age of 9, with her older brother treating her with the utmost care. She spent most of her time in the Executive Outcomes office, reading books about magic and studying what she could of paramagical techniques. Tetsuya didn't know it, but Yuki possessed a level of magical ability far beyond that of any member of her family, even their parents. Eventually, her brother taught her a style of physical fighting that Alnon had taught him, with the young girl quickly picking up on the techniques and adding her own personal touches to the style.
Several years later, in July 2151, Nightfire and Yuki would leave Executive Outcomes and Esthar behind, setting off to explore the region of Esthar. They would eventually wind up in the region of Trabia where they encountered Naoki Ishida, a young teen from the village of Areyn, accompanied by his friend Sumiko Remiere, also from Areyn. The two soon became friends with Naoki and Sumiko, traveling together for around a week before separating, Naoki and Sumiko heading farther into the Trabian region while Nightfire and Yuki headed back into Esthar's territory. In February 2152, the two siblings would make the decision to head to the newly-rebuilt Trabia Garden in the hopes of becoming a SeeD.
Much later, nearly a year and a half later, events would happen to turn Yuki's life upside-down once again. Along with Ben and Celes Chére, Yuki was sent on a scouting mission to the Nether Plane to scout the Overlord's troop count and composition. The mission went awry, however, leaving Yuki captured and the other two forced to retreat. After meeting with the Overlord, Yuki was attacked in his palace by an Arrancar, which revealed a startling fact - Yuki possessed a rare and powerful ability known only as Runic. Yuki would make the decision to stay in the Nether Plane then to learn more about the Runic power inside of her, as well as continue her training in the magical arts. Some time later, she was approached by Aizen with the prospect of becoming a Planeswalker for the Nether Plane, which she accepted. Now, she is presently learning about her new station within the plane and settling into her role as Katanas' chosen following Aizen's death.
- "I want to learn...about magic, about everything. There's just so much we don't know about the world..."
- ―Yuki Kurabasa to Tetsuya Kurabasa
Yuki was a very quiet and reserved girl, rarely speaking unless spoken to or asked her opinion, for most of her life. She is willing to speak her mind, but is more inclined to simply remain silent and pay attention to what is happening around her, rather than get directly involved. She is also quite intelligent, especially in the magical arts; as a result of her trip to the Nether Plane and subsequent championing as a Planeswalker, she has gained much insight into the nature and use of many forms of magical ability. The experience has also done much for her personality, causing her to open up and become more outgoing as a result of necessity.
Yuki has had a hand in or been associated with nearly every major event in the Clouded Horizons series. For more information, see the synopsis page.
- "You can still surrender. We're not going to hurt you if you give up, you know."
- ―Yuki Kurabasa to Kirce Valtroux
Yuki's primary talents lie within the field of magical study, giving her many different talents which she can utilize in battle. Black and White magic, as well as Alchemy and rare Blue Magic and Runic techniques, give Yuki a wide array of techniques with which to disable opponents if needed. Her physical skills are much less developed, but are still of good standing given her stature and age - they simply lack in power, leaning more towards speed and evasion.
- Skilled Swordsmanship Specialist: While by no means an expert, Yuki is capable of defending herself with a light blade if the need arises, though her formal training in the area is limited to her skills gained in SeeD training and from her father and brother.
- Skilled Hand-to-Hand Combatant: Yuki, as a member of SeeD, has basic training in hand-to-hand skills, which is enhanced further by her junctions.
- Enhanced Strength: Yuki, while not especially strong both due to her age and her stature, still possesses a level of strength above what would be expected of a girl her size.
- Enhanced Agility: Yuki's size offers her a degree of high mobility and agility, rendering her capable of high levels of speed and evasion when the situation calls for it.
- Average Spiritual Energy: Yuki possesses a high level of power for her age, but she is still weaker than most combatants because of her age. Regardless, she is still capable of standing up to most opponents, especially in the areas of magical combat.
- Expert Magic User: Yuki's skill with magic is remarkably high given her young age. She is already skilled in many different styles of magic, including Black, White, Red, and the rare Blue Magic, as well as Alchemy. She also possesses another rare trait known as Runic, which lets her drain magic from others and manipulate it with a control finer than most are capable of. Her bloodline traits as a member of the Kurabasa family only serve to add to her skill.
- Keen Intellect: Yuki is a very studious individual and a quick learner, paying great attention to detail both in her everyday life and work. She had some of the highest grades in her classes as a SeeD cadet, and her observational and tactical skills were praised in Garden numerous times throughout her tenure as a SeeD. She has especially high talent in learning the nuances of magic, often picking up concepts much faster than her peers.
- Hume (140)
- Blue Mage (60)
- Secondary Classes
- Elemental Alchemist (40), Runic Knight (10), Black Mage (50), White Mage (50), Alchemist (50), Red Mage (50)
- Tertiary Classes
Status Effect Resistances
As a member of the Kurabasa family, Yuki has an affinity to one of the ten elements of nature. Yuki's affinity is to the Ice element, letting her manipulate and enhance the energy within these attacks with greater ease than a normal person would be able to accomplish.
Overdrives / Limit Breaks
|1st Realm - 2nd Realm - 3rd Realm - 4th Realm - 5th Realm - 6th Realm - 7th Realm - 8th Realm - 9th Realm - 10th Realm|
|Final Fantasy X: Destiny's Call - Final Fantasy X-2: Eternal Requiem - Final Fantasy VIII: Dimensional Legend - Final Fantasy IX: Runic Legacy - Clouded Horizons: Halcyon - A Question of Honor - Affinity - Breakfast at Powell's - Casualties - Duty - Family Rites - Foreshadow of Memory - Guardian - The Heiress - Judgment - Memoirs - Nature - Negotiations - Of Thieves and Emissaries - Origins - Ought - Sanctuary - Shades - Subtleties of Honor - Trial by Fire|
|The Balance - Crystal Path - Diviner - Planeswalker|
|Character Themes - Jazz Café - Lore - Soundtracks - Tropes|
|Project Creators / Administrators|
|Darius DeValle - Benji Powell - Daniel Rydell|